Thursday, December 31, 2015

Chef Pres IRP - Baking Cookies Part 3

Preston Viltz

Meara

Honors English P4

Blog

December 31 2015

Hey Blogger, I'm back at it again. As you all know I am on my way of completing my task of becoming a better baker. And like I've said before, I bake for one, and only one reason, for the lads. For my sack of course, I decided to take my game to the next level and bake something incredibly difficult. And since I'm a beginner baker and I took on the challenge to do an advanced snack... well you know how that went. Sike, they were BOMB. So, I made the Raspberry French Macaroon. My reasoning behind baking this snack was that I wanted to bake a dish from my own culture (I'm a bit of French). I also hate almost every fruit except berries, so the raspberry was the perfect fit. Again, I used the recipe from Baking by Natalie Chapman. Now lets take a peak at my creations:

"Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups finely ground almonds
  • 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • Dash salt
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons raspberry puree
  • 1 cup raspberry jam"
I put the egg whites, vanilla, and salt into a medium mixing bowl. And then I "beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy." Picture below:


Next, I "stir in almond mixture" and raspberry puree. Picture below:


I piped out my mixture into circles on parchment paper and "bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until set" each batch at 325 degrees. I took them out of the oven and let them cool. Picture below:


I took a quality pic with my tasty macaroon as well:



I took on the challenge and I am content with the outcome. I plan on making these for my French relatives sometimes and hopefully they will enjoy. This snack was 10 times harder than my other two types of cookies. There were many more steps to completely this snack to perfection. I plan on making a chocolate caramel cookie next blog so hopefully that turns out great and takes my skills to the next level. Hope you enjoyed! ;)

Should I bake a cookie or brownie for my next blog?

Chapman, Natalie. Baking. Des Moines: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment