Thursday, December 24, 2015

Gifty Minhas- Soccer Tricks (#2


Gifty Minhas

Ms. Meara

Honors English Period 4

Soccer Tricks


Hey everyone! As you all know I am on a journey to improve my juggling skills in soccer because I feel like I need to improve in this area the most. The weather hasn't been perfect for some soccer but that's another thing I love about soccer, the weather doesn't need to be perfect to play. Last post I asked all of you guys if I should increase the difficulty of tricks I am learning, and almost everyone responded that I should increase the difficulty, so I did. The next trick I learned in Freestyle Soccer Tricks is the Back of the Neck Catch. This trick is probably one of the most popular tricks around the world because it involves not just your legs but also your back. The trick may look easy, but it requires very good balance and you have to time the catch perfectly. Also, to make the trick a little harder I hit the ball up with my foot instead of throwing it up with my hands. 

  1. "Start with the ball in your hands. Throw it just above head height so that, if you don't move, the ball will drop straight into your hands" (D'arcy, 81). Here I hit the ball up with my foot for added difficulty. 
  2. "Keep watching the ball all the time. Just as it is coming down to about the height of your head, drop into the hold so that the ball will hit the back of your neck" (D'arcy, 82)
  3. "When the ball touches the back of your neck, bend your knees. This way you'll cushion the impact and the ball will nestle gently into the hold" (D'arcy, 83)
Step 1


Step 2

Step 3 



Hopefully you guys all found this trick a little more entertaining to watch than the last one. I'll leave everyone with this: In which ways do you believe these tricks could be made even cooler? 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GGifty, now this is something I find quite impressive. The way you throw your arms to create the perfect angle in the shoulder blades to catch the ball is extremely amusing. Your skill is very solid but we will see how far that takes you in our game this weekend. Good Luck Brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete