Thursday, December 31, 2015

Extreme Sports Drawing - Formula One Powerboat

For my second attempt at drawing something out of my Extreme Sports Drawing book, I decided to draw a Formula One Powerboat. Power-boating is a lot like F1 car racing, which is what I drew in my last post. Powerboats can reach speeds up to 100 miles per hour in about four seconds. Doing this drawing was fun for me but also challenging. The powerboat had a lot more detail then the formula one car did.
 This picture is from after I had finished all the lines and sharpie'd it. The book's instructions on how to get to this point were a lot like the ones for the formula one car. The first step was, "Start with a stick figure frame of the powerboat, as shown." (AV2 12) This step is the authors way of trying to simplify the drawing as much as possible by making you draw simple shapes to start with. Step 5, "In this step, draw the hull on both side of the powerboat." (AV2 13) was the toughest step for me. This was a tough step because I had to precisely draw many lines within two small ovals while trying to keep a 3D look to the drawing.


The top picture the final product of my drawing and the bottom is what is supposed to look like. I do not think that this drawing is as good as my previous drawing. This was more tough for me then the last drawing because it was a lot more detailed. I also decided to color with crayons instead of colored pencils just to compare which one makes the drawing look better. I think that the crayons gave it a unique look. 

Even though this drawing was not as good as my last, I believe that I have still improved my drawing skills because I now have more experience with detailed drawings. What should I draw next? A Moto X Bike or a Rally Car? Do you think my drawing skills are improving? Should I color with crayons or colored pencils? Thank you for reading and please leave feedback. 

3 comments:

  1. I think that your next drawing should be with colored pencils because it looks a lot cleaner, but I also agree that your drawing skills are increasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your suggestion Isaiah, I will keep that in mind. I also think my drawing skills are increasing.

      Delete