Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Playing piano with left hand!!!

Hello!
 I decided to challenge myself a little and try to play with my left hand which is what I struggled the most since I was little. When I was little I could never have my focus on both things and I have asked so many of my friends who played piano before how do they focus on both their hands. When I asked one of my really awesome friend ,who is a genius and an artist, she said that the trick is to not think about both hands but to focus on your right hand and then use your left hand. She said to play a song with your right hand then add your left so you won't confuse yourself. After getting some advice I read the book to see what I should do and how I should practice to use my left hand!
  According to the piano book, "For the most part, the left hand plays the bass line in a piece of music, which provides harmony to the melody played with the right hand....Let's assign numbers to the fingers of your left hand...Your thumb1, your index finger is 2, your middle finger is 3, your forefinger is 4, and fifth finger is 5," (Halpin, 28).
Well, when I practiced using my left hand I took the book's advice by numbering my fingers ( I obviously did not write numbers on my fingers but I did numbered them mentally).
Don't judge my nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment