Thursday, December 31, 2015

Chef Pres IRP - Baking Cookies Part 2


Preston Viltz

Meara

Honors English P4

Blog

December 31 2015

If all you boys and girls read my last blog then you all made the best decision of your lives, besides that though of course you all would have known that for my project I am doing the project of baking. And  you also know why I'm doing baking, because it is a solid skill for only 1 thing, making a solid snack for all lads. This time around I chose a whole different area of cookies, I started out with a chocolate, peanut butter snack and now I have changed my horizons to produce a wonderful (but original) sugar cookie. The reason behind choosing this cookie was simply because I love the sugar cookie. The recipe I used was from the book Baking by Natalie Chapman. This cookie takes my baking skill to the next level because there are many more steps to creating this cookie. This experience was just wonderful now lets take a look:

"Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour"
I mixed all my ingredients together and then I used "a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour". Here is a picture of my finished dough with all ingredients combined in a large mixing bowl:


And then I read to "shape dough into 1-inch balls" and to, "Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets." Then I put them into the 300 degree oven for 12 minutes. This is a picture of the cookies halfway through their bake:



'''
Once I "Checked cookies for even doneness as they baked" I took them out of the oven and let them cool. Once cooled I transferred to a plate for serving. Here is a pic of the finished product:


These cookies were surprisingly very delicious and I was very pleased. I hope to be able to make the same recipe sometime in the future. This made me step up my baking game from my previous cookies and I have improved as a skilled baker. This helps me push forward to make more difficult and tasty cookies and treats. This was a great success and my book even stated that I could "Store at room temperature fro 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months." Too bad they were gone in under 24 hours... Oops.

As for your guys' opinions:

Will my Dog be able to reach those cookies?

Would you serve my cookies if you owned a bakery?

Lease opinons below. Thank you all.

Chapman, Natalie. Baking. Des Moines: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment