Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Rule #22 (Dress Like Today is Important)

I have always been a strong believer that how you present yourself to the world affects many aspects in your life, and that fashion is an amazing way to express yourself.  This belief was reaffirmed in Rule 22 “Dress Like Today is Important.” To me this rule is more than forcing people into one style category. It means that every moment in life has the potential to be great. So why wouldn’t you want to also look great during that moment?


  Whenever I was having a difficult morning or just felt like the day was already doomed and that returning to bed was the only option for survival, my mom told me to put on a great outfit. Now I live by that lesson. When I feel terrible inside I make the effort to not reflect that on the outside, and that simple act can turn my whole day around. As the book says, “If you greet each day as if it is important, then it will do wonders to your self-esteem, your self-respect, your self-confidence” (Templar 47). If I make the choice to not wallow in my sadness then that emotion disappears.
As I said earlier, this doesn't mean upholding a ridiculous standard for formal attire 24/7, but making an effort in how you present your unique self to the world. We are all incredibly different and diverse people, and we should express that through our clothing. I truly feel that its the conscious efforts and positive energy that make life great. If you put your happy conscious energy out into the world you will get that positivity back. "If you dress for each day expectantly, importantly, or fashionably, then each day will become that" (Templar 46). This week I plan to dress for success.



No comments:

Post a Comment