Thursday, December 31, 2015

Paleo Cooking - Elise Jones

Moving into the recipe section of the book, Practically Paleo, I have found new dishes to make eating paleo easier. As I am a breakfast person, I found it difficult to find a variety of foods to make; especially ones that didn't involve grains and dairy products. So when the question "what can I eat for breakfast?" came up, I was answered with "real food! What other animal on the planet eats "breakfast foods"?You can eat anything for breakfast as long as you stick to the Paleo way of eating." (Sanfilippo, 119).

In the mornings, I typically go for the easiest and most filling breakfast option; eggs. Eggs are one of the main pillars of paleo eating, as they are in almost everything, and can be made in a variety of ways. Today I decided to make an egg recipe from the book, that incorporated other food groups.


The recipe included...
  • three eggs
  • a tablespoon of water
  • ham (chopped or shredded)
  • hash browns (optional)
  • coconut oil
(Sanfilippo, 252)

The dish turned out very good, and it will be something I make very frequently, due to the great flavor, and the nutrients it has. leading to the question, would you make this for breakfast?


1 comment:

  1. This was a very creative idea and the finished product looks delicious! I also liked the healthy substitutes, like coconut oil over regular oil for example. I hope to try this recipe out for myself sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete