Monday, December 18, 2017

Eyeshadow look: Natural Glow

         For my second look I decided to do another simple look which is called "Vintage Gold" in the Lauren Luke Looks book. The look wasn't super hard to achieve and the directions of the book were clear. I decided to modify it a little bit  because from the background information that I know, but I still followed most of the steps.





This is the look that I did



For this look I used:
  • The 24K Nudes
  • e.l.f essential flawless eyeshadow
  • Volum' Express the falsies mascara  
  • e.l.f.eyeshadow brush 
  • e.l.f blending brush 




Starting off I put my Revlon photo ready foundation all over my eyelids to make my eyelids be one color.

This is where I modified the look in the Lauren Luke Looks book she added the gold to the eyelids then added the dark shades but from my own reserch(a.k.a youtube videos) I lerened that you should do a transtition then add the crease color, and that is what I did.
 So, I put the color circled in red all over my eyelids and then the color circled in black all over my eyelids to be the starting transition.





Then I added a black eyshadow color to my outer corners, Making sure to blend using a "circular motion"(Luke 53).
Not blended


             Blended 
As you can see blending is crucial because if you do not blend the eyeshadow it for one looks bad and second of all it just looks like a blob of a black color(which is not appealing).
Next I added a gold eyeshdaow to my crease. The first one I put on was not to pigmanted(so you could not see the color that much).
You can't see the gold that much 

So I wet an eyeshadow brush and got another gold eyshadow and placed it on my eyelids(wetting the eyeshadow brush made the gold eyeshadow more pigmanted and shimmary).
You can see the gold much more 

The next thing I did was out the a gold eyeshadow on my lower lash line, to show the allusiion that my eyes are bigger,  making sure to not get any eyshadow in my eye. According to the Lauren Luke Looks her tip was to "Try not to get eyeshadow in your eye- It hurts!"(Luke 53), from expirence I can say I agree with that statment.

It's not to noticable though.



The last thing I did was put mascara on my eyelashes 
I think this look turned out ok, I could have out the black eyeshadow a little bit more up to pop more, but all in all it look pretty good.
Even though in the book Lauren Luke adds the dark color afrtewards it still shows a clean look. I reallly didn't know the affects of the transtion color or why you need to add a dark color to the look. I know now that it gives a clean look and also ties the look together while giving it kinda dramatic effect.
Reading this post, do you think that this look is more of an everyday look? or a "date night" look. Would you recreate   this look?


No comments:

Post a Comment