Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Drawing and inking animal anatomy: cat face, nose, body,eye, paw

In my last blog post I talked about drawing dog anatomy, this blog post I am going to be talking about cat anatomy. I drew and inked the face, nose, eyes, body, and paw of a cat.

FACE:
A cat has a very round head and a short muzzle. Cats eyes are large and face forward, this gives them good depth perception (Amberlyn 48). "Note that there is almost an imaginary line flowing from the inside corner of the ears to the inside corner of the eyes and down to the outside corner of the nose pad. These (partly) imaginary lines create a space between the cat's ears, eyes, and nose that narrows as it flows down to the nose pad. keep this in mind when drawing the cats face from any angle"(Amberlyn49). When I read this I made sure to draws the curved triangular shape on the face before adding any details.
Formatting the general shape of a cat's head 
 



 NOSE:
"A cat has a small triangular nose that can be a shade of pink or black"(Amberlyn54). Instead of a triangular shape I would say it is more of a diamond shape, But by using the step by step diagram I was able to complete it with no problem. The key is when you are sketching you need to go in with a very light hand so that if you want to ink the final like I did you can erase the pencil lines easily.
Step by step diagram of a cat's nose
Body:
"Cats tend to have a long flexible body"(Amberlyn57). This helped me draw my cat body because i kept it in mind that i needed to draw an elongated figure, if you were to draw a short and stubby cat it would look more like a kitten.
outline of the cat body
PAW:
"Cat feet appear rounded and velvety"(Amberlyn58). I used this tip when doing my own drawing, when I was doing the rough sketch I made sure to make the paw rounded but in an oval shape, I wanted all the lines to look smooth. When I started on the inking I made sure to make the paw look like it was fluffy be adding shaky lines. 

Paw outline 
All in all i got some good tips and tricks out of this chapter in my book, I will take these with me in the future.

My final product
What do you think about my final product?
Was this helpful?
What can i improve on?
Are you going to take these tips next time you draw a cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment