Saturday, December 30, 2017

during the winter break I read about maintaining cleanliness in an aquarium for aquatic turtles in the book "Turtles and Tortoises for dummies". the book offered advice on what filters to but and what moss I should add and things like that but didn't offer an in depth section on cleaning. so for the break I tries 2 different ways to clean my aquariums, the first one being very in depth and everything was scrubbed down, which took 3 and a half hours, and the other method was faster but a little more rushed over but only took 1 hour.
now in the picture on the left is the rushed over cleaning and on the right is the more in depth cleaning. this is how the tanks looked a week after cleaning and on the right the water is far clearer and the gravel is much nicer than on the left. this would leave me to think that I should have the super in depth cleaning all the time, but the problem with that plan is that to do this it could take the same amount of time as 1 whole school day, which I don't always have time for. so I was wondering what would you do? would you clean not as well, but more frequently, or clean in depth, but not as often.

No comments:

Post a Comment