Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Blog Post #2 Changing my Run Up in to Aerial

           Hi, thank you for coming back to my blog! This time I really focused on my run up. A run up is basically how you get into your trick, like your prep. In Gymnastics skills, tips and tricks, author Jeff Savage had a ton of great prepping techniques. Because of last time when I was sinking to the sand, I thought switching my run up would be a great thing to work on.

          In the book, they used two different techniques to run up that I thought would work for me best. One will be my second post and the other will be my third post. One was the standard run, they explained you should take as many steps as you feel comfortable (16). The author Savage explained this by saying "Pump your arms and keep your palms slightly up. Raise your knees high." (Savage 17). I think they said raise your knees high because it will give you the most over all power. If you have a lot of space, I believe this is the best technique because it will take more steps when you run up this way. It takes a lot of power to jump high in those runs. With each run you do, you are creating momentum which is more and more power. Before testing this technique i believe this is going to give me a lot of power.









          This time I tested out this technique at the Metropolitan gym. I had the chance to use real gym floor which changed my aerial. Real gym floor is spring based which makes it easier to do tricks. Doing the standard run up caused me to have a lot of power. It felt as if I just floated through the motion. I had a lot of power with the standard run up and the spring floor. For this technique I believe it is the best if you are going to be on spring floor, if you are going to be on gym for or dance floor the next blog post will be best for you! I was very comfortable using this technique on spring floor. If you look at how far my head is from the ground, you can tell that I got a lot of power from the standard run. Technique helps me to have a lot of power.

          Overall, I believe that this technique is very promising but isn't for dancers. With that, what do you think a chaines is? Want to find out? The next blog will tell you all about it!



Savage, Jeff. Top 25 Gymnastics Skills, Tips, and Tricks. Enslow Publishers, Inc., 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment