Sunday, December 31, 2017

Eyeshadow look: Go for gold

      My 3rd look I created from the Lauren Luke Looks by Lauren Luke is the "go for gold" look. This look is fairly simple.

The thing that was tricky about this look is the wing that was in the look. As you can see in the the picture she has winged her eyeliner and I chose to do the wing. It wasn't to hard to do but my wings(on both eyes) turned out a little different but it wasn't to much of a difference. Mastering a wing eyeliner definitely is hard, but it isn't impossible to accomplish.
For this look I used:
  • Revlon Photo ready foundation 
  • The falsies volume mascara 
  • The 24K Nudes 
  • e.l.f eyeliner pen   
  • e.l.f eyeshadow brush
  • e.l.f blending brush 










The 1st thing I did was put my Revlon photo ready foundation all over my eyelids to make my eyelids 1 color.

Next I put the gold color all over my lid, in the Lauren Luke Looks book she says to use a "Yellow- Gold eyeshadow"(Luke 119). Make sure to put this gold all over your eyelids and blend(in the picture my eyeshadow was not blended, but I do blend it after I just didn't take an after picture)
                                                                                                                
       Next, on the brow bone I put a silvery white color. In the Lauren Luke Looks she says to use a "white eyeshadow"(Luke 120) and that was the closest color I had to white, it still turned out good though (In this picture you can see the gold eyeshadow is blended). Make sure to not put a lot and also blend out the color so it won't look like a blob of (in my case) silvery white eyeshadow.


      Now for the tricky part... winged eyeliner.  "Start in the middle upper eyelid and draw a very fine line to the outer corner, giving a little flick at the end."(Luke 120). Since this winged liner didn't really have "structure" to it wasn't as hard as it would be if the wing had more "structure".
 
  
       After I put the same gold eyeshadow to my lower lash line. In the book she uses a "Honey- gold eyeliner"(Luke 122) to the lower lash line instead of gold eyeshadow.
       Next I put on mascara.
In the book she says to "Apply one layer, wait for 10-20 seconds, apply another layer- and watch your lashes stand up"(Luke 122), and I did that and that made my eyelashes appear more longer.
 This is how the look turned out.



          This is a look that doesn't take a long time(minus the eyeliner. Unless you mastered the art of winged eyeliner). I got to practice my wing eyeliner my right eye was fine but my left need a little work. Do you know how to do wing eyeliner? If you do, how long did it take for you to "master" it?

No comments:

Post a Comment