Thursday, December 28, 2017

How To Make Your Electric Guitar Play Great!: Changing Knobs

When I went to the music store to pick out my guitar I wanted something cool, something that I could personalize and make my own while also sounding great. I settled on a black Les Paul, I thought black would be a good color because it can contrast well with other colors. Looking on Amazon, I decided to buy some knobs with a green and blue marbled look. Knobs are found on the lower part of the body of the guitar and control the volume and tone outputs to an amp. They are an easy way to adjust your sound quickly without having to fumble around with your amp while you are playing. Removing the stock knobs that came with my guitar was very simple, and took under five minutes to complete. "A rag tucked under the knob, then twisted, becomes a useful knob puller" (Erlewine 39).

These are the knobs that I had purchased, sitting on my floor before putting them on my guitar.

I am using a rag to help pull the knob away from the guitar, very little force is needed to complete this.



That is a close up view of the new knobs on my guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment