Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Eyeshadow look: Vintage gold

     I would call myself a beginner at makeup because this year I started to get in to doing makeup on myself. I'm not the best at it but by doing this I am going to have a little bit more insight to what I can do better. So I started off with a fairly simple look which is a "Vintage gold" eyeshadow look from Lauren Luke looks by Lauren Luke.
(Focus on the eyeshadow)

For this look I used:
*Revlon Photo ready foundation
*The 24K nudes
*e.l.f Essential Flawless eyeshadow
*e.l.f blending brush
*e.l.f eyeshadow brush
*MegaProtein mascara


           Starting off, I start with putting foundation all over my eyelids.

The foundation helps to keep my eyelids one color and not as oily (as you can see the one without foundation is a little bit oily and discolored). This kinda acts as an eye primer.
     Next I put on the gold/ shimmery brown color(The one that is circled) and put that as a base to my eyeshadow. In  Lauren Luke looks she(Lauren Luke) says that adding a base to your eyeshadow look "gives eyeshadow intensity. It really makes the color pop"(Luke 28).









            Then I put some gold eyeshadow all over my eyelids  and extend it to my inner corners but not past the crease of my eyelid.


          Now I add a black(circled in lavender), dark brown(circled in orange), and a little bit of a red/ maroon (circled in dark purple) eyeshadow to the outer corner of my eyes, to add depth to the eyes, and I blend the colors all together. In the Lauren Luke looks book Lauren uses a dark frosted brown eyeshadow, but the dark brown color that i used wasn't that dark and it wasn't to pigmented(so the color wasn't dark enough and it wasn't showing up as much), so that's why I added a little of the black and a little of the red/ maroon eyeshadow to make it more dark and "pop out"
Then with the same gold eyeshadow I take an eyeshadow brush and "gently feather"(Luke 96) it along my lower lash line from the outer corner to the inner corner. This technique of putting a light/ shimmery color eyeshadow along your lower lash line gives the illusion that your eyes are bigger.
Lastly I apply mascara to my lashes.



 
                           This is the final product.

I learned that by putting dark colors in the outer corner of your eyes adds depth to your eyes, I've always wondered why people do that and what the purpose of it was. This look is definitely not a "everyday look" but it's definitely something i'll consider doing again. After seeing the final product, would you consider doing this look? If so, where would you wear this look? 

2 comments:

  1. Gila, I liked the finished look and would do a gold based look myself. I liked how you not only wrote the steps, but what you found along the way, like how to add more depth. It was evident that you learned more about techniques using this book and tutorial. The use of different gold tones to add depth and to open up the eyes was interesting and really added more to the look than just plain gold lids. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! The gold look is a fairly easy look to achieve definitely adding depth to the look and the gold on the lower lash line helped to make the look less boring and more "fun".

      Delete