Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Drawing: Face


               I have been drawing for quite a while now. when I'm bored at home a draw. when I'm bored in school you could find me either talking to my friends or doodling in my notebook. In elementary school if we ever had to use whiteboards and I had extra time, I would draw random things on the white board. it is kind of a hobby of mine. I am definitely not the best drawer in the world but I could say that I draw pretty well.
            As I have been reading my IRP book which is The Usborne Complete Book of Drawing, designed by Nigel Reece and edited by Alastair Smith and Judy Tatchell, the first page is about people. The book states "People's bodies are made up of lots of different shapes so they are tricky to draw realistically. Don't try to draw a finished outline straight off. Instead, sketch rough shapes lightly and loosely until the proportions look right" (Smith, Tatchell 5). For the picture I drew, I drew a face and it took me a while to get the right proportions for the head, eyes, nose, mouth. I drew an outline of the head and then proportioned all the face features to the size of the head since that order makes the most sense. The words in the book are true, it truly is hard to draw a face without an outline.
           Another thing that I noticed while reading my IRP was the fact that they showed how to do different face angles so the face is directly straight. the book showed how you would angle the face with specific instructions and an angled view of a face is also called a profile (Smith, Tatchell  7). I personally think that drawing an angled face is hard but it turns out pretty cool after the finishing touches. In my drawing I drew a girl with an angled face and I actually liked how the drawing turned out.


Do you like to draw or doodle? If so what do you like to draw?
Did you like the way my drawing turned out? why or why not?
Was this a good thing to draw or should I have started off a little more basic?


Smith, Alastair, and Judy Tatchel. The Usborne Complete Book of Drawing. Usborne Pub., 2009.



6 comments:

  1. Keerat i think this drawing is amazing. i think one thing you could improve on is the next time you draw hair, add more texture to it. I love to draw. I like to draw faces, things in nature, and animals. I love the way your drawing turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much Emma. And i very much agree with you. I also feel like i could improve on the hair and could definitely use a little more texture. I am really glad you liked my drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Keerat! I really like how your overall drawing came out to be. I love art and really admire people's art work, but I really can't draw that good. I like how you shaded the nose in a way to make it look more 3-D. The eyes look great but maybe can be a bit more proportioned. Next time maybe you can draw like a specific part of the face to focus on it a bit more in depth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andeep, Thank you so much for liking my drawing. Looking back at my picture I do think that the eyes could get a little more work on. Also i will definitely take your thoughts into consideration and focus on something more specific and then go from their.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, I didn't know you could draw so well. You're drawing turned out amazing. I think that drawing faces is a lot harder than drawing most things because for me it never turns out the way I want it to. Also please teach me to draw. Anyway, how were you able to proportion the eyes like that, did you use some type of technique?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for thinking i could draw really well and liking how my post turned out. I agree with you that drawing faces is a lot harder that other things because there so much precision and detail that goes into faces. To answer your question about how i was able to make my eyes proportional to the head, i don't really have technique, but at first after i draw the outline of the head, i lightly draw in the eyes and keep adjusting them till i think its the right fit for the head. Hopefully I have answered your question and i would love to see your drawings of faces if you ever decide to.

      Delete