Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Playing piano

I have been obsessed with playing music, creating music and singing for so long and the reason that I love music it is because I was born in a family that were passionate for music. The hobby that I really wanted to improve on is playing piano because since I was eight years old I practiced a lot (without a teacher or anyone to teach me how to read notes or how to play music). The truth is I gave up a lot during the process of learning but now I challenged myself to play it almost like a professional pianist. The book that is helping me is called," The only basic piano instruction book you'll ever need: learn to play from reading notes to constructing complex chords" which explains each step slowly." Looking at your right hand, let's assign numbers to each of your fingers..."(Halpin13). "Exercise 11....... Practice,Practice, Practice.. It's pretty basic: The more you practice, the better you sound. If you're really serious about learning how to play the piano, you should at a minimum practice ninety minutes a week in three thirty minute practice sessions"(Halpin23). Based on the steps in the book it was really simple to reach to Exercise 11. After this step I will use my left hand as well to practice and in this step it is going to be harder because I am use to playing only with right hand.

4 comments:

  1. Nice on taking piano. As a former pianist, I can relate on your experience on piano. It's very true that you have to practice often, especially in music. I remember practicing 2 hours a day for weeks to finally put together on playing my first actual song, which was the Pink Panther. The best way in putting both hands together is playing scales and playing piano exercises, which you can get in a book called Hanon: The Virtuoso Pianist in Sixty Exercises. Looks difficult, but it's repeated patterns. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also come from a family that is passionate for music, and I have also tried to play the piano. I had failed multiple times at learning new songs, until one day I decided to quit. I think that you challenging yourself to play the piano is really inspiring and very admirable. When I had played the piano I was learning from a teacher and I remember that it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, especially when playing with both hands, which takes a lot of coordination. I didn't have much coordination (and I still don't) which is part of the reason why I quit, but overall playing was a fun and interesting experience for me. It helped me get better at sight reading and learning how to sing. Anyways, keep it up and I hope everything goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the motivation and yes it is really difficult to actually practice to not give up.

      Delete