Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Jordyn Jones Speaking Italian: How to introduce yourself

One thing I have learned so far from reading my book is how to say my name is, and what is your name. Which is pronounced with "Come ti chiami?" for what is your name while to respond with this comment you would say "Mi chiamo..." for example if someone asked my name I would respond with "Mi chiamo Jordyn" I found this information out by reading my book. Marcel Denesi . Italian demystified: 2012. "To ask someone's name directly in Italian you can say: Come ti chiami? what is your name
You answer with: Mi chiamo,,,,, My name is....." pg. 6-7
I've also leaned how to say your name when in a third party which is when you use lui, and lei to state if you are talking about a boy or a girl for example if you wanted to know someone's name that is a guy you would say "Lui come si chiama?" this is asking whats his name. To ask whats her name you would say "Lei come si chiama?". This same rule applies if you are asking to know what a friends name is. So lets say you want to know the name of  a friend to someone who is a boy you would say. "Come si chiama il tuo amico? amico means friend, and tuo is used as your. Once again this same rule applies to the girl perspective. Like if you wanted to know the name of someone's friend whos a girl you would say "Come si chiama la tua amica?


No comments:

Post a Comment