Monday, November 30, 2015

Playing piano after a long time

 Hello,

After practicing about thirty minutes on reading the notes and playing the right notes, I remembered a lot of the songs that I used to play (children song mostly). The next lesson was about listening to music you are playing. For example, record yourself playing the music you chose to learn, so when you play it back you know where you need to improve on. "When you listen to the recording, you'll hear things you didn't hear when you were playing. This allows you to critique yourself, hear any imperfections, and make adjustments in your playing"(Haplin25). In this case, my Org/Piano has a recording system that can record the notes and the way I am playing, then I can listen to it after playing the notes. In this book, it is said that to learn you have to have a good teacher that can encourage you to continue on playing Piano. "The best Piano teachers are the ones who know how to motivate and encourage their students and give them the necessary constructive criticism"(Haplin25). I believe that if I'm teaching myself then I have to find time to actually practice. I should not get discouraged easily if I do not understand how to play but try and refer to the resources that can help me to understand the concept better. I really loved this concept because I don't really have patience and I get discouraged easily but this concept gives me a reason to learn to have more patience , so that way I can keep up with learning about playing Piano more professionally! 

I am not in this picture but I am trying to listen to the playback! 

1 comment:

  1. I can relate Samin!! It has been a while since I have played the piano and I know it is hard. But, I admire your persistence!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete