Monday, November 30, 2015

Kyler Jergenson - Extreme Sports Drawing


Hi, I am Kyler Jergenson and I am doing my quarter 2 IRP blog on Extreme Sports Drawing. This seemed very fit for me to do because I am really bad at drawing and I have loved extreme sports since the age of 6. Instead of being miserable during this entire quarter doing this project I thought that I could actually use this project as a time to get better at drawing.

The book that I have chosen to use for my project is "Learn to Draw: Extreme Sports" by AV2. The book begins by trying to simplify drawing for beginners like me. The book states, "Drawing is easier than you think. Look around you. The world is made of shapes and lines. By combining simple shapes and lines, anything can be drawn." (AV2 4) The first thing to draw in the book is a Formula One Race Car so I started with that. On the pages introducing the formula one car there are descriptions of the car, "An F1 car has wings on both its front and back ends." (AV2 6) These descriptions really helped me visualize what I needed to be drawing.

First, I started out simply with a stick figure frame of the car, as the book told me to do. "Start with a stick figure frame of the car. Use lines for the body and circles for the tires." (AV2 8)

Second, I filled in the details as the book told me to do. "Add details to the car, as shown." (AV2 9)

Lastly, I colored my drawing to look like the one displayed in the book. Shown below is my drawing (Top) and the final product shown in the book (Bottom)
So far, this book has simplified drawing for me very effectively and allowed me to draw something that looks somewhat like the example.

What do you guys think? Will I be able to improve my drawing skills with the help of this book? Is there anything that I should look to improve in my next drawing? What should I draw next, a Formula One Powerboat or a Moto X Bike? Thank you for reading and please leave feedback.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is an exquisite post. Those are quite incredible drawings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isaiah, I appreciate your praise for my drawings.

      Delete