Sunday, November 29, 2015

Kasidy's IRP - Cooking


Kasidy Klein

Ms. Meara

Honors English period 1

Cooking Blog

November 27,2015





Hello! So for my project I chose cooking to improve on since I have a passion for it and I just want to be better at it. I used a cook book that my mom had put together years ago because I find it has a better recipe choice that appealed to me more. The first food I chose to test out was a Pumpkin Spice Cheese Cake because it is helping me get in the winter mood. I have never made a cheese cake but I was up for the challenge because it can be messed up very easily. what I did to start out was get out all my ingredients such as:

  • 12 ounces ginger snaps
  • 1/2 cup pecans
  • 6 tablespoons salted butter
  • 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • dash of salt
  •  three 8 ounce packages cream cheese
  •  one 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
  •  3 large eggs
  •  1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  •  1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

The bold ingrediants are the ones that I put into a processer so that I could make the crust which turned out pretty good. there is a picture below to show the result.







 Then after I got the crust done I had to put that in the fridge so the butter could get hard making the crust a solid foundation for the outcome. then to make the actual cheese cake part I used to other ingredients and put that into a separate bowl. "the cream cheese and pumpkin puree need to be at room temperature." once I finished the cream cheese part I poured it on top on the crust which was sitting in the fridge for around a half hour. then I pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees and then stuck the cheese cake in there for 70 minutes.




 After 70 minutes I took it out and let it cool for the rest of the night until mid-day the next day so that it would have enough time to set up and harden. I then took it out of the pan and then cut into it to see the final product.







once I sliced it, I added caramel sauce, whip cream and broke walnuts into pieces and put it on top. the cheese cake turned out really good, it was moist like it should be inside. this cooking experience has helped me widen my cooking with a variety of different skills I had to get the hang on with this. Making this cheese cake helped me grow in my cooking skills by me experiencing the task and following directions to make the result product. I think that since I cooked this, I have become a slightly better cook because I am more experienced. Since i've done this and it came out the way it was suppose to, it shows that i've made good progress in becoming better at this skill, and its helped me grow. what do you think I should do next, sweet food or more salty?




2 comments:

  1. The final product looks so good! It's so fancy, like something you'd see in a restaurant. I enjoyed your post and it was very informative. To answer your question, I think you should do something sweet next. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I enjoyed reading your post. It looks like you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete