Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Zack Finkbeiner Balloons

Finkbeiner 1
Zack Finkbeiner
Mrs. Meara
Honors English 10
November 24 2015

Hi my name is Zack and for my IRP Q2 book I chose "Crazy Creatures Balloon Modeling" by Top That!. The reason I chose this book was because I wanted to get my balloon animal making skills to improve. The first thing I worked on was my different type of balloon twist. There are two types of balloon twist the lock twist and ear twist. The authors of the book described the lock twist as, "two full turns of the balloon making a bubble" (3, Top That!) and an ear twist as creating a bubble and folding it over its self (3, Top That!). After reading about the different types of twist I decided to try them and came out with this,


After I felt I had mastered the different twist I decided to create the dog. While making the dog I found that making the ear twist right next to other twist was relatively difficult because of this I ended up making three dogs before I felt I had mastered the technique. The only other thing I noticed when creating my dog was that the model in the book had a much longer tail that did not have air in the end of it but my dogs all seemed to have small stubby tails that where almost completely full of air. I will try to keep that in mind when creating my other animals that might need to have air left in them at the end. What do you think I could have done to make my dog more interesting or cute?


Once I felt I had mastered the dog I decided to try something a little bit harder, the lady bug. I believe my lady bug came out extremely well. Although it did take me around five tries to get my lady bug to have mostly even legs and not a lopsided head. The trickiest part about the lady bug was that I had to pop the end of it and then tie off the popped end and connect it. This was tricky because I had to make a twist and give my self enough room to tie it off but not to much room that it would be noticeable. This is the lady bug that I created,



My lady bug came out great in my opinion, what do you guys think of it? Is there any animal that you guys would like me to try to create next, if so what?









4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cool balloon animals! Personally, I have never made a balloon animal, but I am always fascinated by them and why they don't pop. My request is a minion from Despicable Me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good topic, I think you should make the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete