Sunday, November 29, 2015

Clothing Styles: Classic - Kendall Langis

The book I chose is called "I love Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style" by Amanda Brooks. It's about the endless styles of fashion there are and how to incorporate pieces from each into your look. The first type I chose is classic. Dressing classically can sometimes get a bad rep for being boring, but that's far from the truth. It's all about not looking back at an outfit 10 years from now and wondering why you ever allowed yourself to wear that in public. "As clothing trends relentlessly recycle every sartorial idea the twentieth century had to offer, certain pieces never stop speaking to a certain kind of woman ...their appeal is not hard to see. Done right, classic clothes can lend an air of good taste and timelessness to their wearer without overwhelming her personality." (Brooks 31) The outfit I chose to represent this style is just a sample of the many possibilities. I stuck to a color palette of navy, red, cream, and earthy brown tones, as to me, those are the classics of the classics! I started with some simple blue jeans, free of rips or any other embellishment. I chose navy and red fisherman style sweater that I thrifted - a testimony to its timelessness. For shoes, I went with some bronze-y ballet flats. Flats couldn't go out of style if they tried! I topped off the look with a trench coat, which the author claims is her favorite classic piece. It's a staple in the closet of any dresser who enjoys a timeless outfit. Last but not least, I thought I'd throw on some aviators, just for good measure. "Aviators are more streamlined and subtle - perfect for the elegant understatement." (Brooks 49) This outfit is one example of the classic style of clothing. You could find women dressing like this whether its 1965 or 2015, and there's a definite appeal to a look that promises to be stylish no matter the year. Do you consider the way you dress to be more classic, or trendy? Thanks for reading! :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow Kendall! you always have the best ideas on outfits and just always have good outfits! you did an outstanding job on this! i would consider this outfit both classic and trendy!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you said, dressing classically tends to be boring for some people you did it in a way anyone would love! I also really like how you added accessories to the outfit to make it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid, I love your swag. It's so swag but yet so dope. This is some snazzy stuff, teach the people of Kentridge how to do this and everyone wil have fits mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive Kendall! The dress looks really nice before and you made even better with the outcome of the 2nd picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job Kendall! I love how just simple adjustments and additions can make the overall appearance of an outfit so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job! Your information on classic style and style in general was very good.

    ReplyDelete