Friday, December 16, 2016

Decorating Cupcakes with Many Techniques - Post #3

For this post I will be doing something very different from my other posts. I will be doing an extra step before I frost my cupcakes. Before icing them I fill my cupcakes with extra icing. To do this you need a piping bag with a plain nozzle tip (44). Then, using that piping bag with the plain nozzle tip, you squeeze the frosting into the cupcake.



Next, I did a simple flower design on the cupcakes. Since elegant type of designs are my favorite, i made it look quite elegant and neat. According to Collins and Brown, "the icing on the cupcakes is almost as important as the cake underneath it" (44). I definitely agree with this statement. If you decorate a cake and the cake underneath it isn't nice, the whole pastry is ruined. I learned this a while back when i first started to bake. It helped a lot when it came time to actually decorating the cakes.



Do you guys agree with the statement about the icing and cake?

First Cake Decorating: Simple Cake Designs for Beginners. London: Collins & Brown, 2014. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment