Saturday, December 31, 2016

Softball: Pitching: curveball

Another skill that i need to work on is pitching. I use to pitch when i was in about 3rd and 4th grade, but it wasn't my favorite position to play. But pitching is one of the most important positions in softball. "The main pitches are fastball, change-up, and drop ball. And after learning these three pitches the pitcher usually chooses  between, rise, curve or screw-ball" ( Veroni 169). The main pitch for me to work on is the curve ball. The curve ball is the one pitch that i have always struggled with. Not only do you have to have be able to get it over the plate but being  able to get the batter to swing.

The purpose of the curve ball is to get the ball to have a curve that goes clockwise once you release it from your grip. "at release the hand should be under the ball with fingers pointing up" (Veroni 175).  i I wasn't able to up load a video so I took pictures of what the motion is like.





From learning how to throw a curve-ball i have furthered my knowledge of softball and skill in a different position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment