Monday, December 26, 2016

Fudgy Brownies

For my third attempt at baking, I decided to stray away from cookies and go with brownies.

Directions
  • 1/2 cup margarine or butter
  • 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 2/3 cups sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired

"Heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat margarine and chocolate chips in 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Beat in remaining ingredients except nut until smooth; stir in nuts. Spread in greased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Bake until center is set, about 30 minutes; cool completely" (Crocker 49)

The brownies came out very well. I actually enjoyed making them. The first attempt for the brownies was a lot better than the cookies.

I think I will continue to experiment with the cookies more because I'm used to it more.

What's your favorite chocolate dessert?

  

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog post. My all time favorite chocolate dessert is brownies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki,
      Thank you! I love yours too. I absolutely love brownies also.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ashley! Your brownies look absolutely delicious! I've always struggled with baking brownies, because I accidentally bake them a little too long and cause the edges to harden. Your edges look great, so good job on that! If I were to choose my favorite chocolate dessert, I would choose chocolate cheesecake. Once again, great job on your blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sage!
      Thank you. My aunt actually helped me bake these brownies. What she said was to mainly watch the edges so they don't harden, but to also make sure it's cooked on the inside. The edges did seem to be a little harder than the inner part of the brownies. I also love cheesecake, but I don't think I've ever had chocolate cheesecake. I'll definitely have to try it!

      Delete