Monday, December 26, 2016

Keeping up with the Rhythm

Hello everyone! For this blog post, I'll be learning how to keep up with the rhythm of a song. Keeping up with the rhythm of a song is quite difficult to do, especially for a beginner like me.

 "When you're mixing quarter notes and eighth notes, it can be easier to lose the rhythm than when you're playing only quarter notes or eighth notes. One way to help keep steady rhythm going is to count all of the eighth-note subdivisions, even though you're not playing them at all" (DuBrock 22). When playing the guitar, counting seems to be genuinely helpful. From this tip, I tend to tap my feet while I play the guitar to make it easier for me know when I should change the chord or keep the chord. Tapping my feet while playing the guitar can also help me with my strumming. It can help me determine whether I should strum up or down and how fast I should be strumming.


A measure to help me practice with rhythm
Looking at the measure while playing the guitar made it easier for me to keep up with the rhythm. It explicitly showed me how to count while playing the guitar and showed me when in the music to change my chords.

Here is my question for you all, what is the musical purpose of rhythm?
DuBrock, Andrew. Play Acoustic Guitar in Minutes. Milwaukee, WI: Hal Leonard, 2014. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment