Friday, December 23, 2016

Learn Drawing Quickly: Texture With Color

Welcome to my second post! In this post I'm going off of what I have learned from my previous blog post. I've learned how to add texture to my drawings just by using a pencil. But adding in more than one color and making it look somewhat realistic is hard. I decided to use my last drawing; the clove of garlic to test out using texture with colored pencils.


This was my first attempt at using colored pencils to create texture and make the drawing look more realistic as the book says (Finamark 18). In Learn Drawing Quickly the author says, "By marking or smudging with color, you give the appearance of a more realistic object" (Finmark 18). Although it was my first try, it wasn't very bad for someone who hasn't done this kind of thing before.

What do you think? Is there anything I can improve on in making my drawing more realistic when I use color?

No comments:

Post a Comment