Monday, December 26, 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookies

For my second try, I decided to go with the traditional chocolate chip cookies. It honestly went a lot better than I expected. I learned from my first post to add more sugar to make it taste a lot better! The directions are fairly simple and was very easy to follow.



Directions

  • 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
"Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix margarine, sugars and egg thoroughly. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes. (Center will be soft). Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet" (Crocker 44) 













For my cookies, I ended up not adding the chopped nuts to my cookies due to my allergies. I think they would add great texture though!

Baking has actually gotten a lot easier than I expected. I used to strongly disliked baking, but it actually isn't as bad as it seems. I've come to appreciate the patience and hard work that people put into their baked goods! I'm glad I went with an easier cookie. It made things a little less complicated for me. 

What have your baking experiences been like? 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley.
    Those cookie look good. i like how you included the directions to the cookies. As for you question is that whenever i bake i usually do my research first like look up videos and photos so the outcome will come out as anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Krislyn,
      Thank you. That's a great idea, I'll definitely do that next time!

      Delete