Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Peanut Butter Cookies - Vicki Nguyen

Vicki Nguyen
Period 4


Peanut Butter
For my second blog post I decided to make peanut butter chocolate chips cookies. It's still the same as my first blog with chocolate chips cookies, but with a twist. By using peanut butter as the base for the cookies. Peanut butter is a rich ingredient in the recipes, "When I was a child, my mom would bake peanut butter cookies around the holiday" (Laura Gilbert 46).
I forgot to take the pictures of the ingredients
before I used them, but here are some of them.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup of peanut butter
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 cup of white sugar
  • 1 cup of butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups of flour     (Gilbert 46).
Directions

  • Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together.
  • Add eggs and beat it well.
  • Stir in flour.
  • Roll into balls, roll in sugar and flatten the cookies.
  • Bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 6-7 minutes or adjusted.
  • Take the cookies out and let them cool for 5 minutes.
I usually don't enjoy peanut butter, but for this peanut butter cookies I really like it. Even if you're not a big fan of peanut butter, these are still pretty good. I made these during the Christmas day and my family really enjoyed eating these cookies.

Do you guys like peanut butter? If so, what kind of desserts do you like that has peanut butter in them?

Sterling, N/A. Sterling Publishing Co., Inc., The Barnes & Noble Cookie Bake-Off: Top 75 Recipes from Around the Country New York 2015,


3 comments:

  1. I've only actually tried a few cookies with peanut butter and I really enjoyed them. Was the cookies harder to make with peanut butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookies were pretty easy to make. The only different was that you had to put peanut butter in the mix. Which made the cookie dough sticky.

      Delete
  2. Hello Vicki! Nice job with your cookies! They look great! I haven't really tried baking peanut butter cookies before but they sound delicious! And to answer your question, I LOVE peanut butter! But I haven't had a dessert with peanut butter in it, I usually eat peanut butter by itself or make it into a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete