Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Designing Clothes: Clothing , Fashion, and Society #1

Hello Bloggers!
My name is Reddick and this is my first blog post. This blog is about clothing, how fashion is developed, and society. The book I chose is "Designing Clothes". I chose this book because fashion is something I'm very passionate about. I'm passionate about fashion because fashion gives you an outlet to express yourself anyway you see fit. For my first post I'll be showing how to find an outfit and different ideas for different occasions. Styles of dress "are consciously manipulated to assert and demarcate differences in status, identity, and commitment"(Hilda Kuper 3.). This book taught me different things that I'm delighted to teach you.

The first outfit below is an example for boys of a matching outfit (the sweater, shoes, belt, backpack) this outfit is also an example of a slightly dressy, casual outfit. This outfit would be appropriate for school, a casual party etc.

The second and final outfit for this blog is an example for girls of a nice outfit that matches (from the dress to the shoes to the bag etc.). This outfit is more dressy. This outfit would be appropriate for dinner at a nice restaurant, a semi-formal party etc.
What did you learn about dressing for occasions?

The purpose of this blog (as previously stated) is about finding outfits and dressing differently for different occasions.
THANK YOU FOR VEIWING MY FIRST BLOGGER POST!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment