Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Braid #1- French Braid done by Eve Waters

Hey everyone! My name is Eve if you didn't know and this is my first blog post for my Q2 IRP book. The book I chose to do is "The Braid" By: Sarah Hiscox & Willa Burton (of the Braid Bar). I chose this book because of how much braiding interests me and how I can easily improve if I practice on harder braids every single time. For my blog I have decided to show the braids that are more complex and the fun braids for everyone to learn how to do or at least get an idea on what it should look like in the end. My first braid I chose to do a French braid on Austin, because of how many braids base off of this particular one and how enjoyable it can be to wear a basic easy braid.

The first step (pic shown below) is to grab 3 strands of hair starting in the middle of your head.
Displaying IMG_1294.JPG
You then should go over- under- over or sometimes like myself I like to start going under-over-under. There is not a difference of how the braid will turn out I just believe that the under-over is tighter. (pic below)
Displaying IMG_1293.JPG

You then keep going under-over-under and make sure you keep tightening the braid so the braid is not lose. Your goal is to keep it tight along the head you are braiding. (picture below)

Displaying IMG_1296.JPG

As you keep going once you reach the end of the head then make sure to have a hair tie near so you can tie the ends of you hair.

Displaying IMG_1295.JPG

That is how you do a French braid and it will be most helpful for the more braids coming! Thank you for reading my post!! Any requests for a certain braid type?

No comments:

Post a Comment